Friday, February 3, 2012

DRAMA ON THE HOMEFRONT

While not encouraged, it seems there is always some type of drama going on at the Gulas-Smith household. But now that I think about it, most all households probably have some type of drama throughout the year. Anyway, .......

WALDO IS BACK
Chuck is blessed with a kidney stone or two about every 15 months or so. They are wicked evil when they arrive in his body. We now classify them as aliens from another planet . He experiences lots of pain when they come. So two weeks ago, he awoke at 3:00 am to report "he's bacckkkkkkkk". Our dear friends and neighbors Dan and Nancy took him to the ER about 6:30 am. So between 3 and 6:30, I tried my best to be the supporting spouse. However, deep inside, PANIC had set in. Selfishly, I started worrying about me. I know that comes of great surprise to those of you who know me well. LOL---NOT! How would I get food made? get prescriptions? etc. if he was admitted to the hospital. Yes I know it's selfish. But the reality is I needed a Plan B, which clearly I did not have. So there was good and bad news of that day. The good new is that the stone was identified. It was "very large" . The bad news was meant it would most likely not disappear on it's own. So Chuck was home by 3 that day still carrying the monster inside him. Once again, we had to depend on another friend to transport him home form the hospital, as I am still not permitted to drive because of the pain meds. Waldo the kidney stone continues to hide. Where in the world is Waldo?
For those readers who are not familiar with this Waldo character, I have provided a link below to educate you further on finding Waldo. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where's_Wally%3F

FRIENDS-- WHAT A BLESSING
I cannot imagine how we would have dealt with everything between my hip replacement and Chuck's kidney stone, without the help from Friends. They really are there when you need them. I only hope that I/we are able to repay them back someday, with the same kindness and support they haven given to us. So THANK YOU to all our friends and family for your ongoing support. It does not go unnoticed.

Fast forward: Waldo was identified when he went to the ER, so now he just had to be destroyed! Chuck was scheduled for this mission to take place yesterday as an outpatient procedure/surgery. It was scheduled for 12:45/1:00. Long story short, the procedure did not take place until 4pm, ending about 5. I personally, am glad I was not in the same room with the man in pain, no food since midnight the night before, and I'm sure just NOT HAPPY about the delay. I was sipping tea in the waiting room, catching up on the important things in life. You know People Magazine, Celebrity scandals, etc. LOL. The surgery was successful, and Waldo is no longer. We hope he does not come to visit for a long long time or ever again.

So we arrived home about 6:30, each popped our pain meds, got our dinner, and sat with yes (our TV trays) watching Jeopardy. SAD isn't it. LOL But alas we were both relaxed and at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment