Friday, February 3, 2012

WEEK IN REVIEW

The week started out about the same, which can be summed up very easy, PAINFUL! Beginning on Wed of this week, I started sleeping about 7 hours a night. Prior to this, I had averaged only 3-3.5 hrs nightly since my surgery. So the additional sleep and continued therapy, began showing me small signs,of improvement each day towards the latter part of this week.

I begain outpatient Physical Therapy this week. My new PT is very knowledgeable. He handles many of my Surgeons hip replacement patients. I will continue PT for another 4-6 weeks.

Wednesday this week was a delightful day. Only my third time out of the house since January 3. :) I had morning PT, then lunch with my dear friend Gina, and finally I topped off the night by attending the Mr. Eureka High School (EHS) Pageant. Parker a senior (our friends youngest) was in the competition. This was indeed a big deal at the school and around the community. It was quite the variety/talent show, with lots of good talent, laughter, and so on. Miss Missouri was the MC for the night. While Parker did not get the crown of Mr. EHS, he was happy to be a part of the contest. We were all very proud of him. Needless to say I did way to much that day and the pain was, hmmm let's see UNBEARABLE. However, the finale being the Mr. EHS, made it all worthwhile.

Stay tuned for a new posting about yet more drama in the Gulas-Smith household! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment