Friday, February 24, 2012

PROGRESS AT LAST

It is with much pleasure to report  that this week I have felt the best since my Jan 3 hip surgery.  This week has been pivotal in my therapy sessions, as my PT is seeing movement in areas that were extremely resistant before.  I am still receiving PT 3 times per week.    I am able to walk for longer periods without constant pain medication.  The mobility has really helped with my recovery.  In regard to the pain meds, if you have been reading my previous posts, you will know that I was crying at the drop of a hat. LOL   I am happy to report, it’s got to be something really really bad now, for me to cry.  Oh how the little steps in life can make one so happy.  J  But just know that if the dog runs away on a TV show now, or someone looks at me in a bad way, I’m GOOD, NO MORE TEARS!   This my friends is a call for celebration.  Go ahead, have a glass of wine on me.  Heck, I think I will tonight.
So with hope, luck, and whatever else I can throw into the equation, I will continue to improve each day, working towards getting back to my old cranky self once again.

Thank you to all of my  followers (followers---hmmm makes me feel like some King or something) who have expressed genuine concern.   I truly appreciate your concern and attention.  My recovery would not have been possible withtout the tremendous love and support from all of my family and friends.  I just can't seem to say that enough.  THANK YOU!
P.S.---My definition of real progress will be when I can put on socks without an assistive device, and tie my own shoes.  I still feel as if I'm in 1st grade, when asking Chuck, my PT, a stranger on the street, to tie my shoe for me.  SAD isn't it?   This too shall pass.  Sometime....

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled to know that you are on your way to good health; inside and out. Cheers to a promising recovery!

    ReplyDelete