Tuesday, February 14, 2012

WALDO! Gone But Not Forgotten....


Clearly I would never make a very good professional blogger.  If there is such a type of person.  Updating a blog daily is right up there with flossing daily.   It just doesn't happen naturally for me.  Now on to the latest news!

Where in the world is Waldo now?  Who cares?  He was officially removed during outpatient surgery on Thursday, Feb 2.  Chuck's procedure was scheduled for 12:00 pm  However, his doctor was called to assist a colleague in an emergency surgery, pushing back the procedure until about 4pm.   I would never have tolerated a delay of such magnitude.  Chuck informed me that he did very well in the waiting area of the Operating room (OR).  A nurse phoned me with an update reporting that Chuck was fine and was holding court in the OR waiting area.  This was good news, despite the bad news of a delay!

We were home taking our pain pills and watching Jeopardy by 8 that evening!  Pathetic as it may sound; there was calmness to it all, watching Jeopardy.   Jeopardy, I mean OMG, could we not have watched something that the younger people watch?  All we really needed were matching recliners with cup holders.  I'm afraid we have become the all American household, right out of the 50's/60's.  Even though I feel like a complete idiot when answering the questions asked on the show.

While Chuck and Waldo had become the best of friends, Chuck was not sad to say adios to his pal.  I'm happy to report that since Waldo has been removed, Chuck has felt very good.  Waldo was a painful memory.  He will not be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment