Thursday, January 26, 2012

HOME HEALTH PT COMES TO AN END :(

Today was my last day of home health Physical Therapy. I like to think of it as my graduation day. Rasha, my PT arrived promptly at 2pm for our last session together. She and I have become very close. It's hard not to become close with a person like her. Rasha brings sunshine to an otherwise dark and gloomy day. It's really a trait that I believe few people have.

I had been feeling pretty weak and down for the last day and a half. After doing my therapy and chatting away (you know I'm typically kind of a shy person) (now I'll know who is paying attention), I felt great. The grand finale of my therapy was when Rasha took my cane away and told me to walk. I was amazed. I could walk about 6 feet without the cane. It was not easy, but I did it. Reminded me of the time I was learning to ski. Chuck was my instructor. He and I were both getting pretty discouraged with my progress. Until, he came up with the bright idea of taking my ski poles away. Once he did that, I went right on down the mountain. :)

Although is was sad when the session came to an end, I knew that Rasha and I would continue to stay in touch. We So exchanged contact information. Upon leaving, she said to me, "you're a keeper". I look forward to our new on-going friendship with my new friend.

I will begin outpatient Physical Therapy next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment