Monday, January 16, 2012

SEXY HOSE

To avoid blot clots after surgery, hip patients are required to wear "Ted Hose" other wise know to most of us as support hose. I was measured for the hose in my pre-op testing about a week prior to surgery. On one side of me was a bubbly nurse who was taking my blood and vitals. On the other sIde was Nurse Serious who informed me she needed to measure me for my TED Hose. I had only seen patients wearing white Ted Hose since arriving. Black is my preferred color for all seasons. I do career white. Plus my southern heritage roots taught me that no one should not wear white between Labor Day and Memorial day. So, I gently ask Nurse Serious if I could get something in black. I was given a very pitiful "NO, they do not come in black". Meanwhile, the nurse taking my blood was doing all she could to do keep from totally cracking up. So at least she and I appreciated some am humor, unlike her colleague. Who clearly had some interpersonal issues going on. :)

By the way, if you are like me, I wanted to know who this TED character is anyway. Did he perhaps invent hosiery? Well the answer is NO, he did not. It's actually an acronym for Thrombo Embolic Deterrent. They are worn 24x7 daily (both legs ) until your physician says they are no longer needed. ARGHHHHHH. They feel particularly wonderful as the hair on my entire left leg begins to grow in again. OMG. Ladies, i don't know how you do it, but alas I have a greater appreciation for women when they complain about having to wear hose?

No comments:

Post a Comment