Thursday, January 26, 2012

PROGRESS UPDATE

The healing is progressing and I continue to improve in therapy. My biggest obstacle now is dealing with the significant pain in my operated leg. Visited the surgeon last Friday. He said about 20% of his patients have similar deferred pain. It is also believed the pain is coming from compression on my sciatic nerve and issues with my SI joint. Below is a more highlighted list of my progress:

HIGHLIGHTS
~ Now using a cane about 75% of the day and a walker the rest of the time.
Side Note: Never let your cane off your wrist. If you do, ALWAYS make sure it's
hooked on something or on a counter. This I learned earlier this week while in the
kitchen. Oh what words were said when the cane slipped from leaning on my leg
and jumped down on the floor. All I could think of is I'M SCREWED! But alas, I put
everything I learned in scouts to use. I was able to lift the cane up about 12" with
my non operated leg. Then I took the kitchen tongs as an extension of my arm.
What do you know---IT WORKED!!! I was out of high stress mode at last.

~ Staples have been removed. Incision healing well.

~ Accomplished going up and down stairs. Thank God, I can finally take a shower
upstairs. Sponge baths are just not my cup of tea!!!

~ Leg pain is getting better. Slow, but better.

~ Lastly, I'm getting stubborn and crabby. This is a true sign of my healing. Getting
back to normal! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment